Thursday 2 June 2016

Holiday sketches - North Devon

Still fresh from my scanner - holiday sketches from my long weekend in North Devon. Also visiting Stonehenge on the way there.
Really inspiring views and places. I could leave there and never run out of things to do and draw.

I've managed to capture quite a few lovely scenes, whenever we made a longer break. I loved sitting in the sun and just getting lost in drawing or painting.


I was happy to see a green spot available despite the tourists where I could sit and quickly draw one of this world wonders. I've used Faber Castell pens in different shades of grey, concentrating on tones shadows. Very simple but I like it this way. 


First quick sketch in Lynton - amazing evening view and perfect spot (with a bench!) on the local cemetery.


Sketching in Lynmouth. Fascinated by the row of houses under the hill, I've decided to add just a bit of colour. I might develop it into full size painting, I like this view so much.




Two quick black and white sketches, concentrating on shading (first one - still not being brave enough) and shapes (second one).


Sketch from really pretty village Clovelly. I've decided on light sketch and light wash. i am still learning not to cover the whole picture in paint, although it's very tempting!

No comments:

Post a Comment